Friday, February 17, 2017

Discussion Topics - Brainstorm


DefineCommittee Objectives

Leverage Low Cost Communication tools to increase voter/community engagement 
  • Capture Contact Data including e-mail address
  • Encourage Opt-Ins, clearly identify which club or entity use is subscribing to. 
  • Define Privacy Policy(s)
  • MailChimp or Constant Contact


Identify Workgroups/Specialists
  • Website design
  • Social Media Expertise
  • Database design 
  • Team Leaders


Marketing Communication
  • Develop strategy
  • Writing, Editing, Public Relations, etc.  
  • Relationships with journalists, publishers, community organizers. events, etc.


Website development

DEC Office Resources
Computer resources, software needs, training

3 comments:

  1. Hi:
    Glad to see you are proactive in following up with those who volunteered. I look forward to working with you.
    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m truly am impressed with the blog. I have dreamed of something like that but don’t have the tech knowledge and background. I like that we are doing this independent of DEC and not have to worry about party rules. You are also posting very useful content, which is much harder than just the mechanics of a blog or website. Like you said, filling a blank page.

    Anyway, some questions:

    How will the blog be organized? Who moderates the blog and keeps it moving? Is there a notification for new posts?

    Should the blog have a table of contents? How are posts organized? Such as using tags and labels

    Will the different teams have their own pages

    Who has access to the blog and how secure is it? Should we require agreeing to a non-disclosure statement as a condition for access?

    We should include Contact Management in our design. VoteBuilder – Van has some contact management capabilitiy, but I don’t believe it is adequate for our purposes. We are not only going to address individual voters, but we are going to talk with businesses and organizations. We are going to track participation, donations, contact attempts and methods, etc.

    Let's have a post for member bios and pictures. It is truly wonderful we have some many new and energized people doing this. Let's get to know each other on a personally as well. Also, can we have contact information?

    Lenny Guckenheimer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lenny,

    Thanks for the feedback and great questions. I'll try to address a few of your questions here:

    Q: Who has access to the blog and how secure is it?

    A: Currently, this blog is on the internet open to whoever finds the URL. Only invited person can post responses or comments to the blog (i.e. you were invited via e-mail, so you can post).
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: How will the blog be organized? Who moderates the blog and keeps it moving? Is there a notification for new posts?

    A: Currently, I setup this blog personally, so I am the organizer, moderator, and I get an e-mail to a gmail account that shows a new comment has been added. This is my first time using this Blogger tool, so I am learning as I go along. I WELCOME ASSISTANCE.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: Should we require agreeing to a non-disclosure statement as a condition for access?

    A: My idea was to offer a place for like minded individuals to share ideas & thought. I'd rather leave it open to allow freedom of expression without conditions.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Regarding the remainder of the questions/ideas, I think everything is open to discussion.

    We seek volunteers that are willing to use or learn myriad talents. I'm sure this blog could be better organized and I'd welcome anyone that is willing to help.

    Hope this response is helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Telling Our Stories - Submitted by Lenny Guckenheimer

Lori, excellent work on the social media strategy.  I wish to dovetail to Lori's proposal by proposing creation of an organizatio...