Monday, February 20, 2017

Social Media Strategy

Hello all -


My name is Lori Wisniewski. I attended the town hall meeting on the 11th and was fortunate to meet some of you in person. I expect we will all have plenty of opportunities to get to know each other as there is much work to be done in Charlotte County. I want to pass along some work my husband (Kevin) and I have been doing with the DEC that supports the direction we are all hoping to go.

I stopped by the CCDem office last Wednesday night to drop something off...unaware that I was walking into a DEC meeting. I was invited to sit down, meet everyone, and discuss the town hall and the issues we face in general. I feel strongly that modern communication is a major component of the changes that need to be made in charlotte County.  My suggestion of a robust and broad-reaching social media strategy was met with support and enthusiasm from the DEC members and I left there with an idea to map out a plan.


Over the next few days I wrote a draft of a social media strategy and tactical plan and it was passed amongst the DEC members. Kevin and I met with Lucy Garner Saturday morning for several hours to review it. Lucy asked that we use the document not only as the basis for our outreach and communication strategy, but to support a proposal for a $5000 Challenge Grant from the state Democratic organization.


We completed that grant proposal this weekend and at a special meeting to review it today, a motion was made and the grant proposal was approved. It was not until that meeting that we were aware that you had set up a framework for building a communication network as well. I think our philosophies are a close match and we can join forces to capitalize on our collective experience and talent.

Kevin and I will both be on the call next Monday. I wanted to provide this background so everyone is aware that we have something to start with. I will attach the strategy document when I'm able. I am traveling for work this week and am working from my phone so my options are limited. But will get it out here for all to review as soon as possible. 

Looking forward to leaning into this. It's time to make things happen! 

Lori
Lwizzz67@gmail.com 





1 comment:

  1. Please be careful to avoid the creation of factions within.

    What needs to be kept in mind is all of our efforts should be for furthering the cause of the Democratic party, not personal agendas.

    Once it was learned Mr. Hurley was involved in a similar effort, if he wasn't invited, he should have been asked to participate in the process before instead of after the fact.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete

Telling Our Stories - Submitted by Lenny Guckenheimer

Lori, excellent work on the social media strategy.  I wish to dovetail to Lori's proposal by proposing creation of an organizatio...